So when my Mom wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas, I was going to ask for pods which you can order from the Senseo website (but you have for shipping which makes them even more expensive). While searching to alternate sites that sold pods, I discovered Eco-pads reusuable pods for sale on Amazon.com. I asked for a set for Christmas along with a coffee grinder.
It is now February 1st and I have been testing them for over a month and here are the results of my extensive testing -- the reusable pods are FANTASTIC!
Here are the pros:
- Easy to fill
- Easy to wash (can go in the dishwasher, but a simple rinse is OK most of the time)
- Saves money
- Saves the environment
- Good sturdy quality looks like they will last a long time
- Works great in the Senseo machine
- Can be prefilled and kept in an airtight container for quick use
- Package only came with 2 pods - I want to buy more so I can have lots prefilled
- If you typically use just one pod in your machine, the pods are larger than you normally use and it might make the coffee two strong for you if you use the 4 ounce setting.
I highly recommend these pods and I am enjoying experimenting with different coffees. My next blog will tell you about the results of my taste tests with the different coffee flavors and brands. You will be surprised.